Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My $50 Weekly Budget.

Yesterday I mentioned that I try to stay within $50/week. Trust me, I didn't start out this way! It takes time to build a stock pile, but once you are stocked up, you don't have to run out and pay full price for items you NEED. In the above picture you'll see part of my stock pile. It a little hard to see, but I'll run through some of my great deals! I only spent just over $25 for everything you see in the picture! The key is, when something is on sale, (or FREE) get a lot of them! This helps as I get quite a few inserts found in the Sunday paper. So rather than just getting one item cheap/free, I can get quite a few! Here are a few things from my stock pile!
8 Huggies Wipe Tubs $.50 each
8 Blue and Green Chinet Plates: FREE
6 Pace Salsa's FREE (i used the contest in a post a few weeks ago!)
8 French's Mustards FREE (Kroger deal a few months ago)
6 Kraft Dressings $.09 each
8 Cheetos/Quaker Rice Cakes/Cheerios and Chex FREE (from Kroger a month ago)
10 Electrasol $.50 each (Meijer deal a month ago)
6 Ziploc Bags $.33 each (Giant Eagle deal a few weeks ago)
5 Lysol sprays FREE (Target deal a few weeks ago)
8 Red Hot sauce FREE (there was a FREE coupon in a Sunday ad a few months ago-I had 8 inserts)
2 South Beach Bars FREE (CVS deal w/ q a few weeks ago)
7 Cereals $.67/box
4 Wheat Thins $.25/box (Meijer deal last week with Milk)
These are just to name a few items. Once you have stocked up on Electrasol when they're $.50 for example, you don't need to run out when you NEED it and pay $3.50!!
I hope this helps, just remember it good to have a few inserts from the Sunday papers!!

No comments: