Wednesday, May 13, 2009

What to do with Bananas???


So, many of you have seen in my purchases this week that I've purchased LOTS of bananas. They're on sale for $.28/lb at my Meijer! Well, we can't eat that many bananas before they go bad, so this is what I do. I have the kids make Banana Pops. My cutie above is holding a banana pop! Just cut a banana in 1/2 or 1/3s and put a stick in them. Throw them in the Freezer and you have Banana pops! These are great, healthy snacks! My kids love these!
For us chocolate lovers, after frozen, dip the Banana pops in chocolate and refreeze!! (Yummy chocolate/banana pops~great for summer!)
I also cut banana into chunks and freeze them on a cookie sheet. After they're frozen I throw them in a ziploc and use these throughout the year to make smoothies! (Do these also with strawberries when you can get them really cheap at the store!) You can have cheap smoothies all year long!

No comments: