Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BBQ Beef Recipe


So I ran last week and bought a 4 lb roast at Meijer (it was $2/lb). My hubby absolutely loves BBQ beef sandwiches. So here's the recipe, I thought you may want to try it out too!
I typically cook the beef in a crockpot for 4-6 hours and then pull it out and shred it. (I reserve some of the beef for vegetable beef soup that I'll make later in the week)
BBQ Beef
3-4 lbs of meat cooked until tender then shredded
add:
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 14 oz bottle of ketchup
3 Tablespoons of Vinegar
3 Tablespoons of Worchestshire
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 Tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon paprika
add salt, pepper and chili powder to taste and cook on low heat for about 1 hour!
So let me know if you have any awesome recipes!!! I'd love to try them!

No comments: