Monday, November 22, 2010

My Elf at Hallmark just $2.80!

Okay, so now back to the reason for buying the Elf at Hallmark...A friend and I went running around yesterday and made so many little stops with our babies in tow (so that we didn't have to cut our time short by getting home to feed them).  It was great to go without other little ones asking how much longer we were going to be out and how many more stores we had to go to.  If you can imagine...at times my kids feel like they live at the stores!

Anyway, back to the Elf (Just $11.99 - the $10 coupon=$2.80!).  Have you heard of the book, "The Elf on the Shelf"?  Year after year, children and adults alike are baffled by the mystery of how Santa really knows who’s been naughty or nice. After much urging by the elves and Mrs. Claus, Santa has allowed his biggest secret to be revealed in The Elf on the Shelf.  This little elf visits your house to see if you're being naughty or nice and reports back to Santa.  It's become a Christmas tradition for many!  Our elf typically shows up the 1st of December and leaves on Christmas Eve...and there's no rhyme or reason to what "he" can do. 

Here are a few examples of things he can do: He can throw laundry all over your family room (He would have done the laundry room, but my kids never would have noticed it was his fault as my laundry room always has clothes all over it), he can simply hide, he can hang from your kids fan wearing their underwear (my kids still remember this one), he can put all of the cookie sheets around the kitchen and sprinkle a little flour over them.  It's fun to be creative!  The kids can write letters to them...it's really endless!

Above is a picture of the Elf I purchased for my youngest daughter...I started out with my son and daughter each having their own elf, however I wish I would have just had one for the entire house.  Oh well, we can't go back now :c)  The Elf that comes with the book (also at Hallmark) just isn't very cute which is why I bought the above!

So, if you have any suggestions about what the Elf can do, please leave a comment!  I'm always trying to come up with new things to do!  Also, if you have any questions about the Elf game leave those in the comment section also!

No comments: